Welcome to Gilbert Elementary School!
At Gilbert Elementary School, we have embraced a culture of universal achievement and exceptional systems to support the development of every child. This is a school-wide commitment that:
* Every child will develop proficiency in reading, writing, and math;
* Every child will be challenged with enriching learning opportunities;
* Supporting children through positive behavior systems and social-emotional learning is crucial to their success in our school community;
* Teachers use assessment to guide next steps in instruction; and
* Teachers collaborate to plan and provide instruction to maximize student growth.
Our students have many opportunities for enrichment activities during the school day and through after-school programs. Special enrichment activities during the school day include our Living Museum event, Science Day, Creative Arts Day, and our Gilbert Makerspace. After-school activities through our LEAD program include: Robotics Club, Ballet Folklorico, basketball, soccer, and more.
We host many family involvement events designed to strengthen the bond between school and family through engaging parent-child activities. These include Family Fun Night, Grandparents’ Breakfast, Mother’s Day Breakfast, Fall Carnival, Family Movie Nights, Valentine’s Dance, and many more.
It is going to be an amazing year of learning for every student at Gilbert. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school.
We look forward to seeing you on campus,